How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I recentley just got married and i want to bring my wife over

This answer was rated:

I recentley just got married and i want to bring my wife over here to the UK from India. I was told to provide quite a few things which is not a problem but i was told you need to provide last six months bank statement. Problem is past six months i have been going into my overdraft. Would that be a big problem?

You must be earning over the minimum income required to sponsor her for a spouse visa and you must show that you are able to accomodate and maintain her without recourse to public funds.

Being in overdraft is not a problem if you meet the above criteria.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a minimum income of around 9 thousand a year but my dad can help me out with the rest. Would that be ok?

I am afraid not. You need to have an income of at least 18600 per annum. Offers of help from your father do not count.

All the best