How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

,i just get divorced I'm French originaly and we have one

This answer was rated:

HI,i just get divorced I`m French originaly and we have one child with my ex wife.My question is, I intend to going back to france prob around October this year and I would like obviously see my son as much as I can when I will be back to france what are the options to follow and also the best to cover myself about the fact to live uk concerning my son and the process to follow thank you
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What contact do you have with the child at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have my son with me staying at home nearly 3 days a week for the past 3 years now on regular basis

What are your proposals for after the move?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well my ex wife knows I intend to going back but we haven`t discussed anything concret yet that`s why I ask advices and questions about how to proceed

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will obviously provide chid care(money) for my son and for school and I need to know who do I need to contact for my situation concerning my son and how should I do with my ex wife for arrangements towards my son and also to be able to see him as much as I can

I am sorry - I meant what pattern of contact do YOU want to propose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I will not be every week with my son obviously because of the distance but would like to see my son at least 3/4 months per year but what do you suggest I should do with my ex wife to do settlement to be able to take my son in france and not to be in trouble with the law we do need I think a kind of mediator to settle an arrangement and of course concerning child maintenance what are your options and advices concerning that point

You need to discuss matters with your ex using family mediation
It would be best if you have a clear idea of what pattern you think would work - for instance would you want half of half term weeks plus half of the summer holidays
You will also need to consider how the travel arrangements will work and how they will be funded
If no agreement can be reached then you may have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order that details the contact.
With regard to maintenance you do indeed need to discuss the rate - using the CMS rate of 12% of your gross income could be sensible
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you