How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

. My 4yr old son had an accident in the local activity

This answer was rated:

My 4yr old son had an accident in the local activity centre and I believe they are at fault.
I need to know the law in them providing me a copy of the cctv. Sensitive, I know due to other children in the image.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

They can provide it with a Court order.

Alex Watts :

For example if there is a personal injury claim then it would be a discloseable document

Alex Watts :

However a copy can be requested under the Data Protection Act.

Alex Watts :

They should also provide a copy within 40 days.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Is there an offical way to request it.

Alex Watts :

Yes you just ask for a copy under the Data Protection Act.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.