How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have been given some illustrations by my partner that I have

This answer was rated:

I have been given some illustrations by my partner that I have immediately sold together in one lot, for a sum much more than the prescribed £6000. Do I declare and pay tax on this
Yes, you have to pay capital gains tax on the gain made in excess of £6K on the illustrations.
The gain is the market value of the illustrations on the date you were gifted them and the value you sold them for.
If you are unsure about the gain you have made, you may ask HMRC to check it for you using form Cg34:
Thank you
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you