How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The police seized my phone court case. The case went

This answer was rated:

The police seized my phone for a court case. The case went to court and was dealt with !ast week! But they say they can't release my phone until the court informs them.
Is this right?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If this is an evidential seizure then that is entirely down to the police. It is nothing to do with the courts at all.
If they do refuse to hand it back then you can always complain to the Magistrates Court pursuant to the Police Property Act.
A cheaper and quicker option though is to complain to a more senior officer.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you