How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Using field edge as public footpathMy house backs onto

This answer was rated:

Using field edge as public footpath
My house backs onto fields and there is no fence.
My neighbours from hell have been walking at the back of my house along the field. My house is exposed and where they are walking is not a public footpath(they are friends with the farmer so he may have allowed them to walk on his field at my boundary). They keep taking pictures of me and my house. Are they allowed to walk at the back of my house.
They have trespassed on my land several times and police has asked them not to approach us
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

You say they have trespassed on occasions but unless they have damaged something or prevented your lawful use of the land then there will not be anything you can do.


Thank youthey have planted shrubs and wooden sticks on my side. As they keep walking on a field which is no a public footpath


.. not a pubic footpath they have full view into my house and garden and we feel exposed


The neighbour has a boundary dispute with me. I have carried out a survey and know where my exact boundary is. I wish to put up a fence, They dispute the survey and claim they will stop me from putting up a fence. I have asked them to carry out their own survey or use a mediator


They don't want any of it, I have been left with no option but to ask court to decide my boundary. In the meantime they keep walking in my ground, taking pictures of workmen working on my property and I feel helpless not to be able to do anything about this harassment

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you