How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my daughter and her partner separated some months ago, she

Customer Question

my daughter and her partner separated some months ago, she was running a business, at their home, but he dealt with the accountant regarding her business, and his own contracting business, last year (before their separation) the accounts came back showing that she had made a profit (which she had not) and his came back showing no profit. he has been extravagant in leasing or purchasing items for his business which he doesn't actually use for his business as he works as a self employed agricultural contractor ( but actually works more as a farm labourer. his invoices state that he earns in excess of £8.00 per hour. but the cma states that he is exempt from paying maintenance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does he take Dividends from the business?