How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What is the legal position where a boyfriend will not move

This answer was rated:

What is the legal position where a boyfriend will not move out of his girlfriends house. It is solely owned by his girlfriend. She has two small children and cannot even get her car out as he is parked behind her. She is frightened to go back.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has it been since they separated?
Where are she and the children living at the moment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she left on Saturday and are living at her Mums.

Has there been any physical violence involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he has threatened her when he has lost his temper. some bruising on arms.

When was that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Friday 20th February

This girl has three possible ways forward.
She can give her ex seven days written notice to vacate the property and at the end of that time wait until he leaves the property and then return ther, change the locks and call the police if he tries to re-enter the property
She can in fact simply wait until he leaves the property and do as above,
There is a small risk that if she takes this option the ex will apply to the court for an Order allowing him to return for a week or so on the grounds that he needs time to move. It is a small risk but a possibility.
The third option is to apply to the courts for an Occupation Order allowing her to return and excluding her partner
You can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you