How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I relocated to cornwall just over 3 months ago with my partner,

Customer Question

I relocated to cornwall just over 3 months ago with my partner, who had purchased a static home on oaklands park; with the understanding that i would contribute towards the static along the way, asshe capital after selling her house back in Nottinghamshire and all i had was a small amount of savings after selling my house too,.. problem is!,,,, she wants to go back to Nottingham and i want to stay in cornwall. Where do i stand please? I have no home other than the static.
Kind tracey sisson ***********
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the Static Home worth and what financial contribution have you made to it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its worth about 30k... i have paid for internal equipment ie washing machine, hoover, etc..totalling approx one thousand pounds. If my name is ***** ***** to the contract which it isn't at the moment, would i only have to give her half the value? ....

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
What assets do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only my car for which i paid cash for..

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid that since you are not married/civil partners if you wish to take over the Static Home you will need to pay her the full amount for the home - unless she agrees to take less.
I am sorry - I know that this is not good news but sadly this is the legal position that you are in
Please ask if you need further details