How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

, I was a retained firefighter (part time) and also

Customer Question

hi, I was a retained firefighter (part time) and also plumber( self employed) had a accident at work While firefighting in sept 2002. I was pensioned of with a ill health pension in 2004 min amount poss ) .I had 37 operations to save my right leg, I am left almost unable to walk some times but do manage to do some work part time, I received a letter recently, stating as I was retained fire fighter in 2000 I could have joined the modified pension scheme and need to fill form in by april 2015 ! and I have a form and some details of new scheme etc, it states possibility of min payment of more than I receive currently, but now they are saying because I already receive a pension I cant join modified pension scheme . But they sent me letter in the first place with details and how much I would have to pay to join , Im confused ? option to join modified scheme only just getting sorted from year 2000 I believe .

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, cancel my question , I take it I don't get charged ?