How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Live in a Cul-sa-SacAll the houses have Resticted Conevants

Customer Question

Live in a Cul-sa-Sac
All the houses have Resticted Conevants on them including the road
Have a neighbour who is breaching the Conevants by parking vehicles which should not be parked
How enforceable are these Conevants in court
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you spoken to your neighbour or got a Solicitor to write and warn him please?

JACUSTOMER-mshkrgg5- :

The first time it occured I got a solicitor to send a letter to his employer and the problem was resolved. this time it is his son works van causing the the problem but his employer do not respond to my emails.

JACUSTOMER-mshkrgg5- :

This is taking far to long, please cancel order and do not take money from my credit card

Alex Watts : Sorry I was on the train.
Alex Watts : what I can say is that covenants can be enforced by the court. The covenant is a term of the contracy. If it is breached then you can sue for breach if contrsct.
Alex Watts : You can seek an order for damages and / or an injunction stopping them from continuing the problem
Alex Watts : What you should do first of all is get a solicitor to write to them and set out your position. Once that is done the solicitor can warn the, and issue proceedings if necessary
Alex Watts : You won't get legal aid for the court matter so you will have to pay a solicitor to represent you, it if you win then you can claim costs back.
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?