How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Ihave been illygaly evicted from rental propery by my landlord

Customer Question

Ihave been illygaly evicted from rental propery by my landlord ,solicitor win back property for my to live in a court,but lanlord lock all windows and remove all carpet flooring from property and it was not suit for living.I still have a keys but living somwere else .and now I find my ex landlors who is owner change the locker and start refurbichment without noticing me.I didnt receve any papers from court what they giving back to my landlord this property. Do I still have rihgt to enter,or collect mail o live it this property? do my landlord doing refurb and change a keys ellygaly if court desision was been made in my favour in june and this property remains emty till landlord change a locker 2 weeks ago?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You should report the matter to the police as it appears that your landlord is in contempt of court by refusing the court order to grant you possession of the property.

You have the right to live in the property, collect mail etc as you have a court order allowing you to continue residing at the property.

You may also speak to Shelter to see if they can offer any assistance to you:

May I help further?