How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I asked your advice two days ago and you said to inform the

This answer was rated:

I asked your advice two days ago and you said to inform the Publishing company Xlibris that I required an answer to my query on the publishing of my book. They keep appointing new agents to deal with me and I tell them the same thing over again that I submitted my complete manuscript by registered mail on 18th December 2014. Each of their representatives continue to ask me to check for mistakes and grammatical errors and I get the feeling that they do not intend to honour their part of the bargain and print my book. I am at a loss to know what to do next! please can you advise me ?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If I remember I gave you the steps to issue proceedings?

Alex Watts :

How is it I can help you?


I did not save your answer regarding the steps to issue proceedings and would be grateful if you could repeat them please.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you