How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am from the uk and I need some assistance from someone who

This answer was rated:

I am from the uk and I need some assistance from someone who knows a bit about Justic system for prisoners who are in prison.
My brother is currently in prison but he hasn't got left to serve. In fact, he had meant to have come out this week on tag, they told him to pack his bags and everything and a few hours before he was meant to have left they told him he is not going to be released and it was all a test to see how he would of reacted, the prison didn't even let his probation officer know.
Furthermore today, just as he was going to be out tommorrow for a day visit they went to his cell and handcuffed and have taken him to a closed prison, he was currently in a open prison and the reason for this is because of a pending criminal investigation they say but it's all lies he isn't under investigation for anything.
Also he is being picked on but a few of the prison staff there he believes it is because of the colour of his skin and this was made clear today when one of the prision staff who was picking on him turned around and said "maybe" when he asked if you were doing this because of the colour of his skin.
Is there anything we can do about this legally there are messing him about trying to mess with his head and trying to get him to go off the rails, this is all based in the uk.
Thank you.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes I can wait but I really need one urgently thanks
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have any formal complaints been made yet please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi yes a formal complaint has been made but they have been ignoring it.
He was in a open prision and they have moved him to a category a prision.
If they gave ignored it then you next need to complain to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at:
If that does not work you can consider a Judicial Review. This is where the High Court examines the decision of the prison to see if it is legal and reasonable. A Judge can agree with the decision or remit it back to the prison for further consideration.
You may not get legal aid for this because of the rule changes. But try the Ombudsman first.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you