How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

can I give my daughter a piece of land by changing the name

This answer was rated:

can I give my daughter a piece of land by changing the name on the deeds and will I need a soliciter to do this for me

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I take it that you do not have a Mortgage on the land?

I look forward to hearing from you.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no mortgage

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a mortgage on this property

Thanks Margaret.

Well, what needs to be done is for you to prepare and sign a Land Registry Transfer document. I attach a link for you.

Once signed (and a non family member will need to witness your signature), it will need to be lodged at the Land Registry using their application Form- AP1.

If you do not want to use a Solicitor, you will also need to provide evidence of yours and your daughter's identity to the Land Registry by getting a local Solicitor to complete Form ID1

I don't know if you have any expereince in completing the required Land Registry Forms, but you may feel it may be easier to instruct a Solicitor to do all the paperwork for you. The fees are likely to be approx £200-£300 plus VAT.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you