How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12091
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am ***** ***** & elsofilms

Customer Question

I am ***** ***** & elsofilms on youtube since 2007 now I find Xelsolutions elsomovies youtube say I have coyright at the entered on you tube I also have inventions on youyube1 i wishto apply for what does it cost what do I do? I'm 77 this year & have Arthritis.Thank you EDDY
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
You would have to get a lawyer to write a cease and desist letter to the other parties. This would be on the basis that they are passing off your trading names and this could cause confusion in the eyes of the public which could cause you to suffer loss. If you have trade marked the name you may also have a remedy for breach of trademark.
If a letter is insufficient you would have to consider going to court for an order stopping the infringementt or passing off. It would be really expensive, potentially in the region of £20,000 plus if defended. You should, therefore, only do this if there is money at stake.
I don't follow your narrative about inventions but I am happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.