How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Good afternoon. I have been living in the UK since 1998 but

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I have been living in the UK since 1998 but I have two mortgages in Poland on two properties which are becoming too expensive to pay. I would like to give the properties back to the bank but I am in negative equity at the moment. Will the bank in Poland be able to recover money from my property in the UK?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : In short yes.
Alex Watts : As Poland is part of the EU they Could get a European enforcement ordrt.
Alex Watts : order
Alex Watts : Once they have this they could seek a charge to secure the money on your UK house.
Alex Watts : Ultimately they could seek an order for sale.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to givr you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?