How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

May be splitting up...

Customer Question

May be splitting up would need to sell the house what rights do I have my husband is the higher earner?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Kasare replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question, before I answer, could you please confirm that you live and are domiciled in England and Wales (I note you refer to Ireland re your husband) in order that I can advise you. If you live in Ireland the law may be different and as a solicitor of England and Wales I would not be able to help you.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for asking for me - I am sorry that I was offline.
how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the Mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No outstanding debts. The house is worth
£850,000. We live in the Uk. Husband commutes
to Irish office. Daughter is 11 years old.
Would we split the house assets?
He has a large no of shares.
My income is about £12,000 p/annum
He is on over £250,000
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much would you need to rehouse yourself and your daughter in a reasonable property in the same school area?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please can you cancel this and refund the £57 you have just taken without authorisation. This is on top of the initial £47. Can you confirm, thanks julie
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I will ask customer services to assist you