How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

/ Madam: I was born in Patagonia, Argentina. Welsh

Customer Question

Dear Sir/ Madam: I was born in Patagonia, Argentina. Welsh was the central part of my ife there like a 100 p.cent descendant of Welsh Ancestors. My father's mother, ***** *****nah Cooper was born in Tywi Valley, Carmarthen, and all my great grand parents were Welsh or British. My husband is Welsh and my two boys. It is the third time I settled in North Wales with my family. Last entrance to live on possession of a Visa to Live and Remain was in March 12th 2012. I was working providing support and development of Welsh Language in North Wales (Welsh is my first Language as well as Spanish). I have received a several awards like Poetry writter in Welsh and Spanish and and I strongly believe that, for all the reasons I stated, I have the right to the British citizenship. Please, let me know if my case it is an exceptional case and what are my chances about.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Where were your parents born and were they married to each other? What nationality do or did they hold? When were you born?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My parents were born in Patagonia and me too. They get married in Patagonia.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.
I am afraid you are not automatically entitled to British Citizenship. You may apply for a spouse visa on the basis of marriage to a British Citizen or you may apply for an Ancestry visa on the basis of having a grandparent who was British by birth.
After you receive indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you may apply for British Citizenship.
May I help further?