How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

, Me and my boyfriend went to a restaurant yesterday

Customer Question

Me and my boyfriend went to a restaurant yesterday evening and suspect that he was drugged when having dinner. He has several alibis and also credit notes that can prove what he purchase and if he took any money from the bank etc.
How can we pursue if we want to have justice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
what are you hoping to do about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sue the restaurant

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
What injuries did he suffer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

or at least get our money back and find out who drugged him

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
So what injuries did he suffer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

obviosuly he did not remember anything, lost his wallet and disappeared and returned the next day without any memory. This is after having the first drink at the restaurant. complete loss of memory of the entire evening

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
He could report it to the police. There is an offence of administer a noxious substance. Realistically though on these facts they will act.
He could sue the restaurant. He has to prove that a substance was administered and that they administered it. That is obviously a challenge. It is easier when a person has a medical record - for instance ending up unconscious in A and E. Even then he has to prove they were responsible.
He can report the loss of his wallet to the police. If he cannot say it was stolen then probably they will not act over that either though.
In terms of recovery of the cost of the meal, they may do that in the interests of good business. If they do refuse though, he would have to sue.
In terms of whether he would win, I am sorry but I have to give you truthful information and it would be irresponsible of me to tell you there is any realistic chance. He cannot say what was administered still less prove it and he certainly cannot attribute it to them. I realise that he may well believe it is down to the restaurant and he may be right but that isn't enough to prove it.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.
Can I clarify anything for you?