How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I have not seen my mother years, she is estranged from

This answer was rated:

I have not seen my mother for 20 years, she is estranged from our entire family. We do not know where she lives. If she dies can she have left instruction that no-one be informed of her death?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

There is no legal requirement that the family be told of a relative's death. Likewise, a non family member can register the death without the consent/knowledge of the family.

We do not know of course whether your Mother has made a Will, but if she has, it will be up to the Executor named in the Will to deal with her Estate in accordance with ht eterms of the Will. If no relatives are mentioned in the Will, it is unlikely the Executor would make contact with you.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks Al, that is very helpful.
Best wishes