How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been convicted of common assault in an Australian court,

This answer was rated:

I have been convicted of common assault in an Australian court, will it show on my record in the UK, and on an enhanced CRB check?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Australian convictions won't automatically show on the UK DBS (ex CRB) check.

Alex Watts :

However there is a section which is for additional information from the UK Police

Alex Watts :

If the UK Police have been notified then it may show here

Alex Watts :

But it wont show as a Conviction on the UK DBS check

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: in what circumstances would the UK police be notified? It was my first and only offence in any country and nobody else bought charges only the police
Alex Watts :

Its unlikely they would. But it is possible. But generally if its only a child protection, drug, terrorist issue etc

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you