How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

HelloI am being harrased by someone on facebookSomeone

This answer was rated:

I am being harrased by someone on facebook
Someone has posted more than 200 pics of me and my cousin on facebook which i would not like anyone to see
I reported facebook but nothing happened
I went to police and they refused to file complaint saying that they dont deal with it anymore
I dont know where to go now
The person is the same for both fake accounts and i want these accouts down as i am feelig embarrased at frot f my famiy an friends
What should i do
What can i do to deal with such situation
Accounts are on facebook since 2013 and is still active
As well as on kik messenger
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
The police are unlikely to want to become involved I'm afraid. They have a policy of trying to avoid policing Facebook as, in fairness, it isn't really appropriate use of public money.
Generally speaking, Facebook will remove posts if there are large number of complaints.
In terms of forcing them to remove it, the only way to do that is to seek an injunction. To do that you have to show that it is contrary to law. That may be possible. It depends. I presume this person has these images lawfully and that they do not amount to anything really compromising since Facebook has refused to remove them? If so, posting them does not offend per se.
Another alternative is to sue the person in question in harassment. 200 pictures are rather a lot. Individually the acts are fairly trivial but taken together it could amount to harassment.
There is cost in both of those actions and legal aid will not be available but harassment is cheaper.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can it be legal as i do not allow anyone post my pictures
And the person who is doing this clearly doing it to harras me
Adding random people
Flirting with them
If the person wants to do so than post her/his pictures than mine
As well as the person has another account too
With respect miss is i open two accounts one with ur name and another on your best friend's name and i start posting pictures, on one account i post more than 140 pictures and on another account i post about 80 pictures and start flirtig with te people of one specific town/city, how would you feel?
What would you do when no one is ready to help you?
I belong to a muslim family and i cannot go at front of an unknown man without covering myself and he/she is selling me i would say
Asking people to rate me
How would it cost me to sue the person
If you can give me a figure
Surely he isn't making contact with you though?
I am happy to continue with this but please remember to leave feedback for my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He/she isn't contacting me because i have no account on facebook. My cousin has it who is the second victim and can see that person is choosing the people of a certain community and from a certain city. Also as you said facebook is not removing it because that person posted them lawfully, according to facebook policy you cannot create an account with fake name that person is using my pictures with someone elses name
How can i sue that person if i dont know who that is?
You would need to seek an injunction forcing Facebook to give you his details. Tha would probably be another £500 or thereabouts if you don't use a solicitor.
Suing him in harassment would probably cost roughly £1000 if you act yourself.