How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am British and have been living in Germany

This answer was rated:

I am British and have been living in Germany for the last 5 years.
I would like to re-locate back to the UK.
I have been told I cannot open a Bank Account as I do not have a permanant address and I am not on the Electoral Roll.
If I want to rent a property a Landlord wants rent to be paid by Standing Order.
So I am in a catch 22 situation.
Any ideas please.

I suggest you shop around at different banks as different banks have different policies.

It may be advisable to first open a savings account and then a current account once you secure a property and register yourself on the electoral roll.

Once you have a savings account open, you should be able to pay your landlord from it.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you