How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I wanted to add a saver account to my existing current account

This answer was rated:

I wanted to add a saver account to my existing current account (which I have held for 60 years) to obtain interest on my deposits with LLoyds Bank but am refused this because I do not live in the UK. I am retired in Cyprus but still use my UK bank account regularly.
To me this seems to be a form of discrimination and it means that my money held in a UK bank will never realise any interest. Is there a way round this? John H Anderson
Alex J. : Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I am afraid this will not be considered - you can only discriminate on the grounds of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion etc.
Alex J. : What this maybe is a breach of the banks customer Chater to you. All banks in England must treat their customers fairly.
Alex J. : Wgat
Alex J. : Ehat m
Alex J. : ** my apologies for the typo
Alex J. : What I recommend you do is this following
Alex J. : write to the bank and say:
Alex J. : 1. You are appalled at the treatment a long standing customer has received;
Alex J. : 2. Say you feel that the decision is arbitrary - with now real rationale especially as you can be easily indentiified and have been such a long serving customer;
Alex J. : 3. Say that if they do not reconsider their decision with a full explanation as to why they cannot accommodate you, you reserve the right to contact and complain to the Financial Ombudsman
Alex J. :
Alex J. : If they still refuse then you will have to consider either complaining to the Ombudsman or looking to deposit your money at another bank. Either way the bank are obliged to give you a full explanation.
Alex J. : Again my apologies for any typos this is all done in real time. I look forward to hearing from you with any follow up points. Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you