How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am selling my house to a relative at below market value.

This answer was rated:

I am selling my house to a relative at below market value. Can I use their solicitor for the transaction in order to save money?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Will your relative be having a Mortgage?

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid that as your relative will be having a Mortgage, you will both need to instruct separate Solicitors, so there is no question of any conflict of interest- the Mortgage Lender will insist upon this.

(If your relative was not having a Mortggae, the same Solicitor could act for you both provided he was happy there was no conflict of interests).

Sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for!

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you