How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

, I already wrote down my problem, but my connection failed.

This answer was rated:

Hello, I already wrote down my problem, but my connection failed. Do I have to write down again? Maria Frigyesi
Hi, Maria
I am afraid you will as I cannot see that there is any other question listed on here with your customer reference.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I moved out my house and called my phone and internet provider to delete my account. They said they did it and now, few month after they want me to pay £140 however I don't use it. My house agency also informed them, when I moved out. I tried to discuss with them, but they haven't answered my messages and disconnected me when I talked with them online. What shell I do now? Thank you Maria Frigyesi

Who is the company and have they referred you to the terms and conditions of your agreement with them or are they simply not discussing the matter? Are you aware if you had a contract with them?
A lot of the telephone and internet providers now have you sign up to a "deal" and without being fully aware of the small print they charge a disconnection fee etc.
How have you made contact with them? Only over the telephone? What does their letter say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are Talktalk company. This is using fee, not cancellation fee. I didn't read the terms and conditions, I asked them and trusted in their answer. I called them on phone, I asked the cancellation. When I realized this problem I called them again, I told them that I didn't live on this address anymore and the account was not in use. I told them that I will speak with my agency who rented my house. The agency said they sent a letter to them. Talktalk haven't answered yet and then I contacted with them on chat, they transferred me over and over again to someone else and then the connection hsd been broken. I run out of time this case and now I have just checked my account, I already have to pay 140£ and my account still active. If I pay for them tomorrow morning, can I do something or find out something after? I can't trust them, it is not the first time when a provider is tricking on me. Thank you

I would recommend that you put your complaint to this company in writing. You can do this by email or post. This link provides all the details of the company to send an email or letter - methods
Whilst the company should have all the details of your call, as they say they record calls, I always recommend putting any complaint (or cancellation for that matter) in writing.
You should include all the details and a copy of the agent's letter also if you can provide a copy. Advise them of the issues you have had: the date you called to cancel as you were moving home, the bills you have received for this address following the termination and advise that you expect a satisfactory resolution to your complaint and that if you do not then you will make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman. This is the website for the Ombudsman -
The Ombudsman can only help after you have allowed the company 8 weeks to respond to your complaint.
I hope this assists you. If you have any further questions please ask. I am going offline shortly so may not respond until tomorrow now, but I will respond when I come back online.
Kasare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you