How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have power of attorney brothers affairs. He is sectioned

Customer Question

I have power of attorney for my brothers affairs. He is sectioned under the mental health act, he requires 24 hour care, loss of short term memory. On the time lines fot his illness he made a will, how relevant is the will & can it be changed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you mean he did not have mental capacity at the time the Will was made?
Do you know what the Will says?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He suffers from Korsacoff syndrome he was committed 2013/2014. He is believed to have been suffering from it for 4-4 years prior to commitment. We have a copy of the will. All his finances expenditure have been reported to the court of protection and approved.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
What is your concern about the Will that he has made?