How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

,Not sure if this is a question law or immigration.

Customer Question

Not sure if this is a question for family law or immigration.
My wife has a niece born and living in Moldova. She is 8 years old.
She is entitled to a Moldovan passport and Romanian passport.
Her parents (my wife's sister and brother in law) believe she would have a better up bringing in the UK. My wife and I would be happy to raise and provide for her. We have two boys (age 8 and 11) already and financially we are independent.
Please could advise what we would need to do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Can you afford to pay for private health care and education for her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Sorry for the slow response.

No we can not able to afford private health cars and education.

Best regards


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Then I am sorry but there is no basis on which you can bring the child to the UK.
The only visa she would be entitled to woudl be a Student Visa which would only be granted if you were paying for her education
You are not able to adopt her if her parents are still around and able to care for her.
I am sorry to give such bad news