How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son's partner says that she is moving out of their home

Customer Question

My son's partner says that she is moving out of their home and is taking their two sons (aged seven and nine) with her. Both parties are school teachers and his partner is Lebanese who holds a British passport, both sons have British.
The family home is jointly owned with a joint mortgage.
Can the children be removed by the mother and can they be taken out of the country without the fathers consent.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has she said where she is going - and are they married (just for clarity?)