How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

have put in an application wife in

This answer was rated:

Hi have put in an application for EEA4 for my wife in November 14, still have not had it back/approved. She and our 3 children are meant to be travelling to Japan for Easter holidays on the 27th of March.. Booked flights ages ago etc. I can request the documentation back, apparently it takes about 10 days, but will the application be then cancelled ? Also how will she be able to return to the uk on the 19th of April?.. As booked. My wife is Japanese I am Irish all out children born in England, have lived here for more than 6 years in Gloucestershire. Many thanks
The application will not be treated as withdrawn if you mKe a request for to return of documents.
You should submit the application for return of documents as soon as possible and send in an explanation that your wife is due to travel and also send copies of the airline tickets as proof.
The application may be treated as priority as it has been over 3 months since you lodged it.
See here for internal guidance on how your case will be handled
All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for this, will they put something in her passport to allow her back into the country when She returns with the kids on the 19th of April ..?I'm just worried they will stop her entering the uk even though she lives here !
I am afraid I cannot say what will happen when she comes back to the UK, she may be allowed in, she may not be, as she will not have a valid visa/residence permit.