How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

i have a disrectionary leave to remain

This answer was rated:

morning,i have a disrectionary leave to remain i have a daughter whos is 3yrs old and a son who is just one month,i just want to find out when is the best time to apply for them i have extend my disrection leave to remain in 2013 of whic i still have till next yrs nov,if i can apply for them what is the new requirement ?for my one month old son somebody is telling i have to wait untill he is 30 month is that true?

Hi, I will be happy to assist you today.
Did you not extend your daughter's visa at the same time you applied?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no she never apply i have 3yrs and one month is it possible to apply for them together one person told me i have to wait until when he is 24 month and did i need her international passport to apply

Thank you for your reply.
No there is no requirement for you to wait 30 months until the child is able to apply, what you do need is passports for the children to be able to submit an application, if there is a reason why your children are not able to be issued with passports , then you would need to explain this and apply using their birth certificiates, you need to bare in mind that the only time the home office will allow you to submit an application without a passport is if your country's embassy is not willing to issue your children a passport. If you were issued with discretionary leave to remain initially before 2012 then you would need to use form FLR O, please see the following link:
Both your children should apply on the form and you would need to submit your passport/visa to confirm that you have been issued with discretionary leave to remain and now which for your children to be issued with the same.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks sir i got all the message i want

Its a pleasure.
Good luck