I am a retired builder based in Wales ,I obtained planning

I am a retired builder based in Wales ,I obtained planning permission in 2000 for a small development.Now 15 years later I have received a demand for payment of £6000 under section 106 agreement that I apparently signed all them years ago I have proof that all our records were shredded 2 years ago so have no proof if I made this payment or not.Can they demand this money after all this time.
Yours sincerely *****
Alex Watts : Hello my name is***** will help you with this.
Alex Watts : In short no.
Alex Watts : Debts are statue barred after 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980 and 12 years if it signed by deed.
Alex Watts : Therefore on anyones view the debt is statue barred
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi Alex

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Just to clarify We have never received an invoice or any correspondence in all these years regarding this amount. How should I reply to this demand as they insist that reply by the 13th of march

Kind regards *****