How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a retired builder based in Wales ,I obtained planning

This answer was rated:

I am a retired builder based in Wales ,I obtained planning permission in 2000 for a small development.Now 15 years later I have received a demand for payment of £6000 under section 106 agreement that I apparently signed all them years ago I have proof that all our records were shredded 2 years ago so have no proof if I made this payment or not.Can they demand this money after all this time.
Yours sincerely *****
Alex Watts : Hello my name is***** will help you with this.
Alex Watts : In short no.
Alex Watts : Debts are statue barred after 6 years under the Limitation Act 1980 and 12 years if it signed by deed.
Alex Watts : Therefore on anyones view the debt is statue barred
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi Alex


Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Just to clarify We have never received an invoice or any correspondence in all these years regarding this amount. How should I reply to this demand as they insist that reply by the 13th of march


Kind regards *****

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you