How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my name is ***** ***** daughters mum has been told shes unfit

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** daughters mum has been told shes unfit through social services due to emotional abuse and not meeting basic needs my daughter has been under the care of her grandmother which is my daughters mothers mother for 6 mths,she is on a protection order.after the 6 mths there was a meeting with my daughters mother grandmother and social services the outcome of the meeting is my daughter stays on a protection order but gets placed back with her mother but today has now gone back to grandmother after 1 mth as my daughters mother is still not meeting basic needs,i suffer with mental health problems but am stable and medicated through depot i have pr,how can i exercise my pr and where do i stand with appying for residency order due to the fact of my mental health, i just want the best for my daughter a relaxed and stable enviroment but feel my mental health being used against me from achieving this,many thanks i await your prompt feply as a worried father
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
have you been involved in all the Core group meetings and what accommodation do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i ve not been to the meetings i was invited via post when ive rang darlington social services they kept telling me cause i live 2hrs away from my daughter that its not worth me turning up cause meetings only lasted 5 mins,they told me they would update me on the outcome of the meetings but this nver happened,when i tried to make contact with regards ***** ***** of meetings i could never reach them...i live in a 1 bedroom appartment,i would let my daughter have the bedroom as i have a sofa bed if nessisary in lounge and would upsize if nessisary asap if needed to comply with regulations assosiated with caring and the comfort of my daughter

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need to know now please

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Social Services have misled you and you are entitled to attend any and all meetings regarding your daughter - which will routinely last at least an hour.
In addition they HAVE to complete a viability assessment on you to consider you as a carer for your daughter.
I cannot say whether or not such an assessment woudl be successful as I do not know sufficient about your mental Health or your daughter's needs.
However I DO know that you are entitled to be assessed and to be involved and you have a clear case to complain about what has happened
You shoudl speak to the Line Manager of your child's Social Worker and point out that the there has been a fundamental failure to involve you and ask when the assessment will be done.
You can get some support from the group here
Please ask if you need further details