How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my brother was stopped by police,gave my name and details....he

Customer Question

my brother was stopped by police,gave my name and details....he has a long police record,i have not been in trouble with police..i got stopped for a back light not working while i was on my way home from work...the police checked my name etc...they then told me i had a record and begun to read them out,i told them that it was my brothers record...i had to sit in police car while they had a photo sent..they agreed it was not me and let me go....a few months after my partner booked a holiday to olando with our children...i was refused a visa because of record !! please help me how can i get it changed over..the police said its not possible now !! even my brother has tried to tell them it was him..they told him he used it as an alias,so all files on him will also give my name..what can i do plz.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did you apply for a visa or an ESTA please?