How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

there my question is my neighbour complain me to my landlord

This answer was rated:

Hello there my question is my neighbour complain me to my landlord opening a someone letter but i did not, if in case this issue becomes worst or dont have any evidence to proven it can i take him in court? In what case?
Thank you so much for you help
Mrs Torres
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know why it would go to Court please?

Customer: helllo there
Customer: This neighbour come to my landlord and accusing me opening a letter to someone.
Customer: He point my name and he said that he saw me
Customer: I dont know why he said that. This man i dont see him even he is around. I dont know what to do that is why i seek help and advice
Customer: Hi
Alex Watts :


Customer: the reason is to give him a lesson because he lied
Customer: I dont know what other tenents think about me
Alex Watts :

Why do you want to take him to Court?

Customer: Most of the tenants experienced open letter and me as well
Alex Watts :

Yes but on what basis do you want to take him to Court?

Customer: because he accused me
Customer: Alex i dont know about law or cases i can not sleep and i am seeking advice what to do
Alex Watts :

Yes. Its bad news I am afraid. Just because someone says you have done something is not enough to take them to Court.

Alex Watts :

Think of all the complaints people make to the Police about offences.

Alex Watts :

Sadly the Courts would be filled with people taking claims out.

Alex Watts :

So no, you can't take them to Court.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: now i understand. Can you pls give me an advice pls?
Alex Watts :

If the Landlord has just said you have opened a letter, that is it.

Alex Watts :

He can not do anything

Alex Watts :

You can not take him to Court.

Alex Watts :

Some people are just a bit nasty

Alex Watts :

You can report this to the Police who can investigate the matter and prosecute if there has been an offence

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: . If in case can i come to the police and report about this?
Alex Watts :

Yes you can report it

Alex Watts :

The Police may or may not investigate. If they consider it a crime they will investigate.

Customer: What is that mean consider it a crime?
Alex Watts :

They might.

Customer: sorry but what is that crime?
Alex Watts :

It may be harassment if the Landlord has accused you more than one.

Alex Watts :

* once *

Customer: my landlord did not say anything to me since he complain me. My gosh alex i am too innocent with this that is why its more affected to me. I can not sleep and thinking too much
Alex Watts :

Indeed. If he accuses you again then it may well be a crime for sure under haraassment.

Alex Watts :

If it is once then it wont be a crime

Alex Watts :

Some people are just mean

Customer: i see. Thank you alex for your advice. If i need help in the future can i come to you again?
Alex Watts :

Yes you can ask for me: Alex W

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question can I ask you to rate my service before you go today please - the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you