How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am currently not working firm but have my PC in place.

Customer Question

I am currently not working for a firm but have my PC in place. What insurance do i need to have in order to give legal advice or do legal work from home
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Do you have authorisation from the SRA to work as a sole practitioner? Or will you be working remotely for a firm with authorisation?
JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

Dear *****,

JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

I have a conditional PC which stops me working as a sole practitioner. I am working for a firm at present as they would need approval from the SRA to employ me. I was thinking more of an advisory service from home as oppose to a law firm.

Alice H : OK. I am unclear of the solution to your particular situation so I will opt out. Another expert might be able to help.
JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

OK. I was lookign forward to some helpful answers.

JACUSTOMER-kg55zaxq- :

Can I work or set up office as a Consultant. What special license do i need for this?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am happy to wait for a substantive answer or else it is pointless paying for the service as i am no wiser than i was when i first asked for help

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Do you want to work as a solicitor? if not, what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to work as a consultant not necessarily through a solicitors firm. What are the requirements if any to practice as a consultant either

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
What kind of consultant and doing what specifically?