How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been fined £625 by HMCTS London NE for :"Fail to give

This answer was rated:

I have been fined £625 by HMCTS London NE for :"Fail to give information relating to the identific." offence date: Feb 4, 2011. I was not aware of the offence and have written to London collection and compliance centre explaining my bewilderment of the offence. A baillif visited my residence yesterday demanding payment for £935. What can I do to get them to see my side of the matter.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I am not sure what you are hoping to do at this? You have been convicted in absence I presume?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes ,Isuppose so hence thethe further steps notice from London collectio and compliance centre

Are you saying you didn't get the summons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not get the summons

Is this your vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is my vehichle and is available for my children whenever it is needed

Do the DVLA have the correct address for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, because the vehicle is registered in my name and address

They would have sent out a S172 originally.
Did you not get that either?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not get that either

If you didn't get the summons or the S172 request then you can always make a statutory declaration to that effect.
If that is accepted then the finding will be reversed and it will be open to the Crown to send out a fresh S172 request if they want to pursue this.
There is absolutely no point in negotiating with the bailiffs. They are acting upon a court ordered warrant.
The Court will investigate the statutory declaration though. Probably it will interest the police as well. This whole issue of S172 requests is attracting attention. You are asking the court to accept that you didn't receive a S172, probably a reminder as well and a court summons but you are receiving the bailiffs letters. Sometimes that does happen. Some people do have post interrupted. You will need to raise evidence of that though. It is quite unlikely that they are going to accept that only these documents have gone missing. If you have an issue with your local post and have previously complained about it then that would support your argument.
In any event though, if you didn't receive these items then your only option is to make a statutory declaration to bring this to an end.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you