How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have just received this from my ex wife....can you advise?

Customer Question

I have just received this from my ex wife....can you advise? It will be nine years since we got divorced and the maintenance was reached at £161.33 I am asking again if you could increase this as Will is now a lot more expensive to clothe and feed.
We did have this conversation last year and I let it lie but I now feel the need to ask again. the maintenance should have increased yearly and no payments have been changed at all in the nine years, I know you say that you've had the expense of flying the boys up to you and meals out but you forget that we've had to pay thousands out on holidays for Will as you haven't taken him on holiday since 2008. You also mentioned in your last correspondence that you have a new family and added financial pressure but I don't feel that Norman should have to support Will financially as he is your son, he has four other children of his own.
I am happy to get advice from the solicitor if you would like a figure of what it should be now but was hoping we could settle this amongst ourselves but it's no problem either way.
I diobt recall any annual increase being set and to put you in the picture I am re-married with two step kids who I also pay for.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and what is your gross income?