How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12173
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

! My son was involved in a motoring offence whereby he

This answer was rated:

My son was involved in a motoring offence whereby he was charges for not providing breath analysis.
The outcome of the case was he was given 10 penalty points and a fine of about £ 200 or so. This happened in 2010. He has no previous any other convictions.
Since than he has qualified in BSc in podiatry medicine and received graduation degree in November'2014.
He has to apply for registration with regulatory of podiatrists. He is worried he may be refused as result of his motoring conviction. He was represent by tne firm Asgar & Co Solicitors
Please advice how best he can move forward. Also if you can recommend a speciast lawyer who may help him.
He is unemployed at the moment.
Thank you for your question.
Can you tell me specifically with which organisation your son seeks to register as there are several in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He has to register with the Health and care professionals council.
Thank you.
A motoring conviction will not affect his application for registration. The types of offences which they are concerned about are:
– Violence
– Abuse
– Sexual misconduct
– Supplying drugs illegally
– Child pornography
– Offences involving dishonesty
– Offences for which you received a prison sentence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your advice which I deem as valuable.

However I should like to draw to your attention on the application form.

You can load up by going to hcpc registration form and tap on UK graduates application.

Most of it is self explanatory. But please check Sect. 8 on character reference - It says the referee should know the candidate for at least 3 years. Does the referee who has known the candidate for that length time in good stead has to mention of the past incident that was about 5 years ago.

Of course the candidate will have to declare of any criminal offence any way. There is some information in section 3 of guide lines of the application form.

Please check and comment of its implications.

Since the one off incident my son has maintained good charcter and conduct.

Many thanks'

Should you like to discuss this please call on *********** /p>

Dr Jasminder Singh Saandal

My rating for you is good advise.

The character reference need not and should not mention the conviction as the referee can't speak to that first hand.
The conviction has to be referred to on the application form but will not affect the application and should not result in it being refused given it is a road traffic issue and ther ar no other convictions.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you