How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

How can I tell the difference between a restriction order and

This answer was rated:

How can I tell the difference between a restriction order and a charging order by examining the register of title?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you please give me a little more information please?

I'm not sure what you mean by a "restriction order"? (You can register a Restriction on someone's title).

Do you have a copy of the Official Copies?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Al,

You are right,I probably mean a Restriction has been registered on my property in 2007.

Yes I do have a copy of register of the title.

Rgds Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply.

A Restriction is registered to protect a party's interest (usually a financial interest) in the property- there are different types of Restrictions but all of them will make it a requirement of the owner of the property to obtain a third party's consent or provide notice to the third party before any Sale of the property.

A Charging Order is confirmation that a third party has a financial interest in the property, and can only be registered on the title after the third party has been to Court and an Order made that the third party is owed money by the property owner.

This is an overview, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you