How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

Everything now is geared to telling people how they can freely

This answer was rated:

Everything now is geared to telling people how they can freely park on othr peoples land and escape sanctions. I own an industrial site and the public are parking at the inconvenience of the people working there. is there anything left I can legally do to stop people parking on this property?
Hi thank you for your question I will assist you with this.
Yes I appreciate that it must be difficult for you, but it is not impossible for you to stop parking on what is your private land.
However, you are right following a change in the law (the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 came into force on 1st October 2012) it is now illegal for anyone to clamp or remove vehicles from land without lawful authority.
There are some private companies that do have licences to remove vehicles and also if the vehicles are causing an obstruction you could contact the police or local authority to see if they would be willing to assist.
There are also private companies which can offer a solution to individual landowners. An online search for private parking control or enforcement will bring up a number of companies that can assist you - make sure if you go down this route that the company is registered with the British Parking Association. Have a look at
What you must ensure is that you place adequate warning signs in the areas where people are parking that can clearly be seen or alternatively, perhaps consider using a barrier system to enter and exit the land.
I hope this assists. If you have any further questions please ask.
Kasare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you