How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Paid a CCU then paid the detor who did not cash cheque now

This answer was rated:

Paid a CCU then paid the detor who did not cash cheque now got bailiffs with high court order for £1795 of which £769 . 36 is the dept the enforcement fee is £822 need to pay but bayliff given me till 9am tommorow rang him at 3 he was going to ring me back , hasn't don ?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.\
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi I had CCj for £739 paid it to deter he did not cash cheque . He then got high court to collect dept wish is now £ 1795 of wish £822 is cost .?
So what is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do I do just pay the bayliff over the pone of his there's , or quit 2007 law on fixed fees for Baylis
There is absolutely no point in negotiating with the bailiff. He will not take any notice and will just continue to enforce at your expense.
The only way to prevent that is to pay in full.
If you think there is overcharging then you can always sue afterwards to recover on the basis that the fees were excessive.
However, I am afraid the fixed bailiffs fees are a complete myth. Actually fees of £800 or thereabouts are not uncommon at all. It might well be that it is over charging in this particular case. It depends what they have done. If there have been several visits then those fees are reasonable. If they have just sent you one letter then they are not.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks paid it over phone .
Now this is the full story my accountant sued me because I did not pay him for service because he was in pisond for fraud . He sued me foe the costs and won , I paid two days after by recorded delivery but he did not cash the cheque . He proseded to take me to the high cort wich I have paid . Can I reclaim against him for bailiffs costs ?
If he did go to the high court then you are liable for costs.
You may have a claim for bailiffs costs. It depends what they have done. A visit might justify those fees. SEnding a letter out does not. You need to write to them asking for a breakdown of their work and costs.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you