How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

. I just wanted to ask. I had someone work and look

Customer Question

Hi. I just wanted to ask. I had someone work for me and look after my business while I've been unwell and there is no agreement and he's refusing to leave my business what can I do. Thank u.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Why is he refusing to leave and how long has he been looking after it in your absence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He's been there over a year coz I've been quite unwell having a few operations.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He's also saying to me give me a payout of £25,000 I don't earn that much. The reason it's been a longer time is because he's been leading me on to believe he's going to buy it off me
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. You may report the person to the police if he is intimidating you or threatening you to pay him the 25,000 pounds.

The other option is to try and reach an amicable settlement with him t compensate him for the time he has spent looking after your business in your absence. You may also get a local lawyer to write him a letter to hand over your business premises back to you as you have asked him to stay away now. If he refuses to do so, you may have to go to court for an order forcing him out.

May I help further?