How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son wants to change his name to my married name he is 10,

Customer Question

My son wants to change his name to my married name he is 10, i have written to his biological father but he will not answere me. He pays maintance but this stops and starts as he keeps changing jobs. this was only put in place by benefits. He has no contact with his son nor letters gifts cards ex since 2005 nor any contact with other members of his family i Left dv.

My childs step father has parental responsability given by the court, his bio father never turned up. adoption agency said all he really needs is his name changed

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law