How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71030
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a SOPO, given by Leiester Crown Court in 2011, later

This answer was rated:

I have a SOPO, given by Leiester Crown Court in 2011, later amended by a silk hired bu Lawrences of Wellngboough. Can it be cancelled? I was originally represented by Emile Johnson
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can always apply for variation or removal from a SOPO. Obviously that might not be an application that will please the court but it can be made.
Usually they are for a set period of time that mirrors the notification requirements. There are SOPOs for life but that is fairly rare overall.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been given a SOPO for life, in 2011 even though I am already 70 years of age. Does his affect the answer I was given?

Not substantially especially if you are not applying for removal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you near Corydon?

We are not allowed to accept instructions directly under the rules of this site but I can refer you to somebody who can?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo Yes, I will be interested in anyone you can recommend.

Yours etc.,

David Thomson

Try talking to this barrister
who is a sexual offence specialist.