How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have filed a defence claim mad against me.I havent

This answer was rated:

I have filed a defence for the claim mad against me.I havent received any Alocation Quationarrie and defence notice from the court though court saying they have posted me 20 days before.Now i have received Form N181 and Draft Directions order and cost budget from the claimant's solicitor asking me to return If the Draft Directions are agreed.
What should I do next and what form now I have to send as a defendant?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Have you received an order from the court ssaying they require your document or the defence will be struck out


Alex Watts : What is the value of the claim.?


Alex Watts : Ok you need to complete form N181 and send it to the claimant and court.
Alex Watts : the form is available here
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : As you are in person you don't need to worry about costs budgets etc
Alex Watts : But complete the form and send it back. Don't worry about directions either
Alex Watts : But above £25,000 it will be multi track
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

what about the Draft Order For Direction ?


is it from the court or from the claimant's solicitor?

Alex Watts : The draft is from C solicitor.
Alex Watts : You don't need to worry about that. There will be a directions hearing and the judge will decide directions
Alex Watts : These are just proposed from the other side
Customer: basically at this stage I have to send only the Form N181 to the court and to the C solicitor.


thank you

Alex Watts : Correct.
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you