How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am just enquiring about obtaining getting a divorce.

This answer was rated:

I am just enquiring about obtaining getting a divorce. I am Julia Lambson and I am currently living in a rented house owned by B3 Living who have their offices in Broxbourne.
My husband is not allowed to come back to the house for 28 days. This is because he has been violent towards me. The house has stairs which at the moment I find extremely difficult to climb.
I have Multiple Sclerosis and am having an attack, and have been prescribed a course of Steroids so I am not at all well.
I receive DLA and SDA could you please advise me on what to do next.
Yours sincerely ***** *****
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been married and are there any children involved?
Do you know where your ex is and do you have your marriage certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

My husband is staying with his two brothers in Fulham. There are no children.

I do have the marriage cert. we ave been married for 13 years.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and am DLA and SDA. I don't have any savings.

I hope this enough information for you to be able to proceed.

Many thanks Julia

You can issue a Petition base don your husband's Unreasonable Behaviour
You can read more about the process here
You are eligible for Fee Remission - the form is here
You send the Petition to the court in triplicate plus the fee remission form and the Marriage Certificate - to the Nottingham Family Court, and they will progress the matter from there
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you