How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

the care home my husband has been in last 10 years

Customer Question

the care home my husband has been in for the last 10 years applied to the local authority for a DOL without consulting me. I have just discovered from a carer at the home that a social worker came to visit him with a doctor and assessed him then deciding to stop the d his 24 hour funding. Again nobody contacting me to say this was going on. Can the care home apply without contacting me and also should I have been present before these meetings went ahead.

Already asked the above question.  You have taken my money but I haven't received my reply.  It will not accept my email address, even though you emailed me stating my payment has been taken.  It states that this email address has already been registered.  Please can \I have a reply.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does anyone hold Power of Attorney for your husband - or has anyone been appointed as his Deputy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I assume that he does not have Mental Capacity - is that correct.
If so is there a reason why he does not have a Deputy?