How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, I recently obtained a Kulah (Islamic Divorce) from my husband

Customer Question

Hi, I recently obtained a Kulah (Islamic Divorce) from my husband and I would like to know if I still need to get a Legal divorce and what would be the best way to obtain it. Also would my kulah have any importance in the divorce procedure. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where were you originally married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I got married in UK

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Then yes you will need to go through with a Legal Divorce if you wish to remarry and have your new marriage recognised in the UK
The process is described here
Your religious divorce will have no relevance to the process.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details